1. Definitions and Interpretation
“Event” meaning any entertainment event taking place at Hope Mill Theatre, including but not limited to, theatrical or musical performances, that you have been sold, or allocated a ticket to by Hope Mill Theater.
“Tickets” means tickets or other types of evidence (including electronic tickets) for an Event sold by Hope Mill Theatre to You on behalf of the Company responsible for the Event for the right to occupy space at or to attend an Event.
“Venue” Hope Mill Theatre, 113 Pollard St, Manchester, M4 7JA and any other venue / performance space where Hope Mill Theatre has organised an Event.
“We” means Hope Mill Theatre (Charity Name: The Factory of Creativity), “Us” and “Our” shall be read accordingly.
“You” means you or anybody who in Our reasonable opinion is acting with your authority or permission. “Your” shall be read accordingly.
“Company” means the person, firm or company staging the Event if different from Us and the Venue.
“Group” means group organisers, charities, travel and coach companies or other organisations that We have agreed to sell to knowing that the Tickets are intended for resale.
Terms and Conditions
- All Tickets are sold subject to availability and to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions should be read carefully prior to purchase and any queries relating to them should be raised with us prior to purchase, as purchase of Tickets constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Hope Mill Theatre uses a paperless ticket system. All Tickets are electronic, and are represented by a legitimate booking confirmation email, and appearance on our Occupancy Reports. A valid Ticket/Booking must be produced to get into an Event.
- It is Your responsibility to check Your Tickets/Your Booking as if you have made a mistake it cannot always be rectified after purchase. Please check your Tickets carefully on receipt and contact us immediately if there is a mistake.
- Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement (for example of age of student status) may be required.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Ticket shall be the price set at the time We accept Your order, and Your booking is confirmed by email.
- All prices set are inclusive of any applicable taxes.
- No order will be accepted until We have received full payment. If a reservation is made, the booking is not complete until payment is taken. We will contact you with notice that your reservation will be released if necessary. As standard, reservations will be release within 48 hours of Event if no payment is received or other arrangements are made.
- Hope Mill Theatre charges a £2 booking fee per Ticket, unless otherwise stated.
- Hope Mill Theatre charges a £1.50 transaction fee per Transaction, unless otherwise stated.
- If you have further questions about pricing of tickets please contact us.
Changes to Event
- The organiser of the Event and/or Hope Mill Theatre reserves the right to make changes to the published Event programme where reasonably necessary.
- Alterations to Events that will cause a significant change with be communicated with Ticket-holders at the earliest opportunity.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Tickets are non-refundable. Once a Ticket has been purchased You have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are unable to attend the Event that You have booked for, We may be able to move your ticket to another performance of the same production, subject to availability.
- Unless We offer an applicable exchange or credit arrangement, at the discretion of the Venue, Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled (see below for details), a significant change is made to the Event programme.
- A Significant Change, is a change which, decided by the Venue, makes the Event significantly different to the Event that purchasers of the Ticket could reasonably expect. The use of understudies in a theatre performance shall not be a Significant Change.
- If Your booking is eligible for refund (due to the above reasons) the Venue will contact you at the earliest convenience. Refunds will be made using the same method as used to purchase the Tickets.
- Where Ticket exchanges are offered, and are possible subject to availability, an exchange fee will be charged. This fee is £2.50 per booking.
- These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Arrangements made by You to attend an Event, including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event are at your own risk.
- Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event, or for Significant Changes to an Event will be limited to the refund as stated in above terms.
- Neither the Venue or Company will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of Your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of Our negligence, or that of the Company or other breach of statutory duty.
- We will make all reasonable endeavours to notify You at the earliest opportunity of any cancelled or rescheduled Events, using contact information You have provided.
- Beyond reasonable measures of contact (email, text message or phone call where contact number provided), it is Your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event is cancelled or rescheduled. It is Your responsibility to inform Us of any change to the contact address, telephone number or email address You provide Us with at the time of ordering.
- As disruptions to scheduled Events are often due to illness or last minute unavoidable issues, we do not guarantee that You will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
Resale/Use of Tickets
- If You are unable to attend an Event, and would like to transfer Your Ticket to another person, it is Your responsibility to provide the new Ticket-holder with the full, relevant information regarding the Event – including booking confirmation email, Row Letter and Seat Number, and Order Number. Any exchange of moneys is Your responsibility and We are not liable for any loss of funds due to Ticket resale.
- There may be Events or circumstances where Tickets are not eligible for private re-sale: for example, if the new Ticket-holder would not reach an age restriction). If you would like further clarification please be in touch.
- Buyers must also be made aware of these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions that are specific to the Event.
- Tickets must not be resold at greater than their face value. Free Tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
- Any Ticket/Booking obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be void.
- Any person seeking to use a void Ticket in order to attend an Event may be considered a trespasser and so may be liable to be removed from the Venue and liable to legal action.
- Void Tickets are non-refundable.
Conditions of Admission
- The management of Hope Mill Theatre reserves the right to refuse Ticket holders admission to Hope Mill Theatre in reasonable circumstances including for health and safety, licensing reasons or where a Ticket is void.
- The management of Hope Mill Theatre also reserves the right to request that Ticket holders leave the venue at any point on reasonable grounds and may rake any appropriate action to enforce this right. For example, a Ticket holder may be removed if, in the reasonable opinion of the Venue:
- They have behaved in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors
- They have used threatening, provoking, abusive or insulting words or behaviour.
- They are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- They fail, when required, to produce proof or identity of age.
- You must comply with instructions and directions given by Hope Mill Theatre staff and security personnel.
- No refunds will be given to Ticket holders who are refused entry or are removed due to their own behaviour in the ways listed in, but not limited to, the examples above.
Restriction and Prohibitions
- The recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) of any audio, visual or audio-visual material, or date inside the Venue is strictly forbidden.
- Unauthorised recordings, tapes, films or similar items may be confiscated and destroyed.
- Exceptions to the filming of certain elements of performances, including the curtain call, should not be assumed and will be communicated clearly by the Venue staff.
- By attending an Event, Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. Such filming may be used by the Venue and/or Company without payment.
- Every effort shall be made to admit latecomers to Events at a suitable point in the Event, which may be the interval (if applicable), but late admission cannot be guaranteed. Tickets will not be refunded or exchanged due to late arrival.
- Re-admission to the Event is at the discretion of the Venue. Upon exiting a performance the Venue staff will advise.
Health and Safety
- Ticket holders must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and Venue regulations whilst attending the Event.
- If Ticket holders have any special requirements or concerns about any special effects which may be featured at the Event, prior notice should be provided when ordering Tickets. Special effects may include, without limitation, sound, audio visual, pyrotechnic effects or lighting effects.
- The Venue will take all reasonable endeavours to publicise any warnings from the point of on-sale but recognises that some Companies are not able to provide this information until later in the creative process. Ticket holders should be aware of this.
- If any dispute arises out of these Terms and Conditions, We will attempt to settle it. To this end We shall use Our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both parties.
- If We delay or fail to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that We have waived our right to do so.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond Our control including, without limitation, act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements, acts or regulations of national or local governments. We will not be liable to You for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.