The below information was updated on 01/03/2021
In line with Government Guidelines, Hope Mill Theatre will no longer be requiring ticket bookers to present their Covid status, negative tests or vaccination prior to entering the venue.
Hand sanitiser and masks will be readily available in the venue and customers are welcome to make their own choice as to whether or not they wear a mask.
Ticket Cancellation Policy:
Should you be unable to attend a performance due to illness/covid, as isolation is no longer required by law, our usual ticket policy applies:
- We can transfer your tickets to another date for the same production (if available), or a different production with a £2.50 admin fee and any change in ticket price paid for.
- We can credit your Hope Mill Theatre account to the value of your tickets, to be used within 12 months for another performance.
Should a performance be cancelled due to covid, we will give you the opportunity to choose one of the following options:
- We can transfer your tickets to another date for the same production.
- We can credit your Hope Mill Theatre account to the value of your tickets, to be used within 12 months for another production.
- We ask that you recognise that cancellations put our venue in a vulnerable position and consider making a full or partial donation to the venue, our First Curtain Scheme or our Scholarship Fund.
- If none of the above are possible we will provide you with a full refund of your tickets.